Can you volunteer for one of these nightly duties per week for the 12-week program?
Intake Center: United Methodist Church: 5 to 6:30 p.m. (Saturday Volunteers Needed!)
- Set up room and set out intake materials
- Confirm that volunteers are present for:
- Coffee preparation and service
- Greeter and sign-in (guest registration begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- Intake processing and master list approval
- Driver coordinator (works with Intake team until 5:45 p.m. and then matches drivers with guests for transport to host site)
Host Site Welcome Desk/Sleeping Bag Desk – (5:30 to 8:30 p.m.) (Saturday Volunteers Needed!)
- Greet dinner/hospitality volunteers-sign in when you arrive at 5:30 p.m.
- Check sleeping bags and cots when you arrive at 5:30 p.m.
- Greet guests-assign chores at 6 p.m.
- Distribute sleeping bags to guests
- Give OTC medications to guests-keep track of info.
- Eat dinner with guests at 7 p.m.
- Prepare evening report before leaving at 8:30 p.m.
Evening Drivers: 5:45 to 6:30 p.m. – (Tuesday Evening Drivers Needed!)
- Evening drivers arrive at Intake Center (Elk Grove United Methodist Church) at 5:45 p.m. and transport guests to Host Site.
Morning Drivers: 6:30 to 7 a.m. – (Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday Morning Drivers Needed!)
- Morning drivers arrive at Host Site at 6:30 a.m. and transport guests back to Intake Center (Elk Grove United Methodist Church).